Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a ball pit in your house?? I often wondered how much chaos it would create with 4 kids which includes 3 boys!!!! You can only image that I have pictured many broken items in my house with this idea!
My guessing is over, I was gifted this entertaining Little Tikes Slam Dunk Big Ball Pit from Better Toyz. I’m not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical because I envisioned balls flying everywhere, kids fighting for the entrance and bonking their head. However, I decided, I wouldn’t know without trying it out.
- Grocery Hacks – Brand vs Generic
- 5 Easy Camping Freezer Meals
- 20 Go-to Camping Meals
- Ezyroller – The Cool Bike Review
- 14 Meals for $100
I never told the kids we were going to play with a ball pit, I surprised them by showing them the box. The screaming, the thumbs up and the many “thank you so much mom!!!”, I have concluded it was a successful surprise.
We opened up the box and found a bag of balls but we were slightly disappointed to only 20 balls which is advertised, but seeing the package felt very little, especially comparing it to the size of the large inflatable ball pit.
I didn’t let the low number of balls get to us, we carried on with the review of the instructions. What surprised us was that the pit was to be weighted down with water in 4 small sections under the pit.
I would love to say that the set-up was easy, but gosh darn it, adding the water was actually kind of a pain. It would have been much easier to do if it were outside with a hose, but our weather here in Canada is cold cold cold (early winter has hit).
Once, we cleaned up our water mess and got all 4 water sections closed up, it was smooth sailing. We used our small pump and got it all blown up. The hard part was simply waiting for the sections to fill up. The kids were impatiently excited to play.
As you can see, once the set-up was complete, my kids had an excellent time playing around. In fact, not only was it a great ball pit, they turned it into a playing fort afterwards. I loved how they used their imagination and found different uses from one toy.
All in all, this was a great setup for my little kids. They loved being in the ball pit and throwing the balls at their big brothers.
- Easy to read instructions
- Great size, not too big but not too small
- Good quality, doesn’t feel like it will burst
- Sturdy as it does have a little water weight
- Easy to manoeuvre to a different location
- Loads of fin
- More than one use, ball pit or fort
- For indoor or outdoor use
- Little Tikes big ball pit has large basketball hoop
- Includes 20 air-filled balls, inflatable basketball and repair patch
- Constructed of PVC and PE plastic
- Inflatable walls
- Crawl-through door for easy entry
- Easy to set up on a flat surface
- Folds for convenient storage and transport
- Easy to clean with mild soap and water
- Dimensions: 55″D x 52″H
- Slam Dunk ball pit offers a safe and fun place for your little one to play
- Youngsters can enjoy the challenge of shooting the inflatable basketball
- Age range: 3-to-6 years
- Available now at BJ’s!
- Only 20 balls
- Adding water for the weights was not easy
- The air valves were tight/small which meant we had to use our smaller pump end to fill which was slow
Don’t forget to check me out on Instagram: @Bonita_momof4