Welcome back! It’s that time again where I share my weekly meal plans for the month. Back in December & January, I was using many different cookbooks for inspiration or ideas, but this past month I reverted back to my old ways of using Pinterest. You got to do what you go to.
March was super busy for us as it was the end of the hockey season for my 2 older boys which meant year-end weekend games and tournaments. It was a lot of hockey for this mama and I know in the future it will only get worse…..I need to find the strength to endure it!
With a busy month, I needed to make sure to have easy meal plans and quick places to search. I didn’t have a lot of time, which is why I was resorting to Pinterest. Nothing wrong with Pinterest, but you have to be careful as you can search and search and search. I made sure to look for specific ideas to stick to, to make it quick and easy.
My total for the 4 weeks (my last week does include the first week of April) is $616.20 for an average of $154/week Canadian, which is equivalent to $115/week US. I do want to point out these prices only include food items, not all consumables. Toiletries, soaps or dog food are not included in this budget of mine.
Current tally for the year:
March – $616 (4 weeks)
Total = $1,984 (13 weeks = $153/week average = $114.75 US
($140 – Grocery Haul & Receipts Instagram Post)
- BBQ Meatballs & Rice
- Chili Dogs (this was listed in my previous week at the end of February, but we had been hit with the stomach, so I saved it for this week)
- Creamy Parmesan Herb Chicken Mushroom With Mashed Potatoes & Veggies
- Pizza Roll-Ups
- Whole Roasted Turned Chicken in the oven with potatoes and veggies
- Slow Cooker Ham & Potato Soup
($157 – Grocery Haul & ReceiptsInstagram Post)
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
- Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes (Prepped ahead of time and put into the freezer for a busy weekend of hockey)
- Chicken Pot Pie (Prepped ahead of time for the freezer)
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Pulled Pork & Dinner Rolls (Leftovers make for a great lunch for school)
($173 – Grocery Haul & Receipts Instagram Post)
- 8-Minute Beef Broccoli with the Instant Pot
- Finger Licking Chicken Legs with the Instant Pot
- Subway (Legit the restaurant, I was being real in my meal plan and knew we were going to have a very busy day, thought I would just plan a break for myself)
- Mighty Meatballs from The Big Cookbook p. 48 with rice and veggies
- Cheesy Chicken Casserole from The Big Cookbook p. 63 with mashed potatoes
- Baked Ham with Mustard Glaze & Scalloped Potatoes
($146 – Grocery Haul & Receipts Instagram Post)
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Sneaky Spaghetti Sauce & Spaghetti
- Lasagna (using the extra from the Sneaky Spaghetti sauce as its a big batch recipe)
- Roasted Whole Chicken with roasted potatoes & carrots
- Chicken Tikka Masala & Rice
- Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
What is on your Meal Plan this week or what is your favourite meal to make?